LAST UPDATED: August 28, 2023
How We Collect Information
The Assessment Company® may collect personal information from you in the following ways: (1) directly from your verbal or written input (such as by consenting to receive marketing emails); (2) automatically through The Assessment Company's® website technologies including tracking online, such as by Web cookies (which are small text files created by websites that are stored on your computer), by smart devices, by combining data sets, by collecting data from a browser or device for use on a different computer or device, or by using algorithms to analyze a variety of data such as records of purchases, online behavioral data, or location data; or (3) by closed-circuit television (if visiting our premises).
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that The Assessment Company® collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Educational and professional interests;
- Tracking codes such as cookies;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts, and other content you provide to The Assessment Company® (including through an Assessment Company website);
- Communication preferences;
- Purchase and search history;
- Location-aware services, the physical location of your device to provide you with more relevant content for your location;
- Information about your personal preferences, hobbies, and interests; and
- Communications with other users of The Assessment Company's® services.
To access certain content and use additional functionality and features of The Assessment Company's® websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
Suppose you register and sign in using a third-party account (such as your Facebook). In that case, the authentication of your login is handled by a third party, and this policy does not cover any personal information collected during that third-party login. The Assessment Company® will collect your name, email address, and any other information about your third-party account that you agree to share with us when you permit your account to be linked to your third-party account.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
The Assessment Company® may receive information about you if you use any of the websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, academic institutions, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) from whom The Assessment Company® may receive information about you.
Use of Your Information
The Assessment Company® may use your personal information in the performance of any contract we enter into with you to comply with legal obligations or where The Assessment Company® has a legitimate business interest in using your information to enhance the services and products we provide. Legitimate business purposes include but are not limited to one or all of the following: providing direct marketing and assessing the effectiveness of promotions and advertising; modifying, improving, or personalizing our services, products, and communications; detecting fraud; investigating suspicious activity (e.g., violations of our Terms of Service, which can be found here) and otherwise keeping our site safe and secure; and conducting data analytics.
In addition, we may use your information in the following ways (after obtaining your consent, if required):
To provide you with information about products and services that you request from us;
To send you periodic catalogs from The Assessment Company®;
- To provide you with information about other products, events, and services we offer that are either (i) similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about or (ii) entirely new products, events, and services;
- For internal business and research purposes to help enhance, evaluate, develop, and create The Assessment Company® websites (including usage statistics, such as "page views" on The Assessment Company's® websites and the products therein), products, and services;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites, products, or services;
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical, and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service and
- We may let you know of any other purpose from time to time.
Personal information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for legal or archival purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use, or erased from The Assessment Company's® systems when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal information.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
The Assessment Company® will not disclose to or share your personal information with any unaffiliated third party except as follows:
Where necessary in connection with services provided by third parties (i) who provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production, payment, or business management services, and (ii) who are required to comply with this policy;
Where you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement from a third party;
- Where your consent has been provided, with a third party such as an academic institution, school, employer, business, or other entity that has provided you with access to a product or service through an integration or access code, information may be shared regarding your engagement with the service or product, results of assessments taken and other information you input into the product or service;
- Where The Assessment Company® is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to comply with a subpoena or other legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others; and to investigate fraud; and
- Where all or substantially all of the business or assets of The Assessment Company® relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity.
If necessary, in connection with publishing services on behalf of third parties, such as institutions and societies, The Assessment Company® may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.
Cross Border Transfers
The Assessment Company® may transfer your personal information outside of your country of residence for the following reasons:
To process your transactions, we may store your personal information on our servers, which may reside outside your country. The Assessment Company® has servers and central office locations in several countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Singapore, Brazil, India, and Australia. The Assessment Company® also has service providers in India and the Philippines, among other countries. Such processing may include, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, processing your payment details, and providing support services.
- To satisfy global reporting requirements, The Assessment Company® may be required to provide your personal information to The Assessment Company® affiliates in other countries.
Disclosure in Chat Rooms or Forums
You should be aware that identifiable personal information--such as your name or email address--that you voluntarily disclose and that is accessible to other users (e.g., on bulletin boards or in chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. The Assessment Company® cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
We will use appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your data. Access to your data will be restricted to only those who need the information required to perform their job function. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information.
Disclosure in Chat Rooms or Forums
You should be aware that identifiable personal information--such as your name or email address--that you voluntarily disclose and accessible to other users (e.g., on social media, forums, bulletin boards, or chat areas) could be collected and disclosed by others. The Assessment Company® cannot take any responsibility for such collection and disclosure.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider ("ISP"), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
Please make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information (by emailing info@AssessmentCompany.com). In your written request, you may:
- Request that we provide you with details of the personal information that we process, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information, the existence of any automated decision-making involving your personal information, and what transfer safeguards we have in place;
- Request that we rectify any errors in your personal information;
- Request that we delete your personal information if our continued processing of such information is not justified;
- Request that we transfer your personal information to a third party;
- Object to automated decision-making and profiling based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest (in which event the processing will cease except where there are compelling legitimate grounds, such as when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between us);
- Object to direct marketing from us; and
- Object to processing for purposes of scientific, historical research, and statistics.
Where applicable, under your local laws, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes nor disclose your information to anyone else unless we have your consent, which we will seek before collecting your personal information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on our consent forms when collecting your personal information. Suppose at any point you wish to review or change your preferences. In that case, you can use the "opt-out" or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications you receive from us or by emailing info@AssessmentCompany.com. Note that you may still receive transactional communications from The Assessment Company®.